On the 13th June 2018, the Australian and New Zealand, Location Information Metadata Working Group (ANZ MDWG) was re-established by request of the ANZLIC – the Spatial Information Council (ANZLIC) and the Intergovernmental Committee on Surveying and Mapping (ICSM).
The working group will support a wider understanding and consistent application of location information metadata, based on agreed standards.
Terms of Reference
- Actively monitor and assess the impact of future changes to metadata standards, in order to advise ANZLIC on policy impacts and stakeholders on the scale and impact of technical changes, through the managed knowledge of current national capabilities in metadata.
- Create and maintain a roadmap documenting what the MDWG is going to undertake and when.
- Develop, and manage a series of best practice resources (profiles, applications, websites (ANZLIC and ICSM), FAQs, models) to assist both general and technical audiences in understanding, implementing and managing the latest versions of metadata standards.
- Engage with interested industry organisations (SIBA, ESRI, etc.) to communicate working group developments and directions.
- Provide advice to spatial communities on the value, implementation and management of metadata and associated systems.
- Provide a forum for metadata custodians to share and exchange knowledge related to implementing, maintaining and updating metadata frameworks.
- Provide a forum for inward and outward communication between international (ISO and OGC peak bodies), other interest groups (Australian Government Linked Data Working Group, GeoNetwork community of practice etc.) to inform and seek feedback from core foundation spatial data custodians.
- Govern associated metadata tools, models, vocabularies, and resources, which are published on by ICSM and or ANZLIC.
- Report to ICSM and ANZLIC on key activities, and metadata developments.
Presentations from the 13 June 2018 meeting:
|2.||Presentation by Andrew Whiting||Geoscience Australia|
|3.||Presentation by Emergency Management Spatial Information Network Australia (EMSINA)||Kane Orr|
|4.||Presentation by Nicholas Car||CSIRO|
|5.||Geoscience Australia's Adoption of 19115-1 and -3||Irina Bastrakova|
|6.||W3C and Australian Government Linked Data Working Group (AGLDWG)||Armin Haller|