On the 13th June 2018, the Metadata Working Group (MDWG) was re-established by request of the ANZLIC – the Spatial Information Council (ANZLIC) and the Intergovernmental Committee on Surveying and Mapping (ICSM).
The working group will support a wider understanding and consistent application of location information metadata, based on agreed standards.
Links to videos:
This document provides information about upgrades to the AGRS, recommendation on how to record it in the metadata and a number of examples covering common use cases. Contact ANZ_MDWG@ga.gov.au for more information and feedback.
|Meeting #10 Presentations and Reports|
|1||Meeting Outline - Irina Bastrakova|
|2||Standards Update - Chris Body|
|3||ISO 19157 1-3 Update - Ivana Ivánová|
|4||Semantic Web Vocabularies - Nicholas Car|
|5||Update on MDWG Activities|
|6||Survey results of Metadata Standards Stocktake - Irina Bastrakova|
|7||Migrating to Geonetwork - Vincent Fazio|
|8||ISO 19115 Update - Byron Cochrane|
|9||Standard Metadata for Australian EM Webservices - Kane Orr|
|10||Workshop 1 - Metadata Dictionary - Irina Bastrakova|
|11||Agenda for Meeting 10, June 2022|
|12||Report on MDWG Meeting 10|
|Meeting #9 Presentations and Reports|
|1||Meeting outline - Irina Bastrakova|
|2||LINZ update - Jeremy Palmer|
|3||South Australia update - Bert Bruijn|
|4||Queensland update - Ian Beitzel|
|5||Standards update - Chris Body|
|6||UN-GGIM Role of Standards in Geospatial Information Management Guide – 3rd Revision - Irina Bastrakova|
|7||Standards for Data Quality - Dr Ivana Ivánová|
|8||Update on TC 211 activities - Evert Bleys|
|9||Digital Atlas of Australia - Irina Bastrakova|
|10||Digital Twins - Prof. Dr. Sisi Zlatanova|
|11||Update on ANZ MDWG Activities: March – September 2021|
|12||Metadata, Catalogues, Records - Byron Cochrane|
|13||Agenda for Meeting 9, October 2021|
|14||Report on MDWG Meeting 9|
Link to Reference documents and previous meeting reports and presentations
- Actively monitor and assess the impact of future changes to metadata standards, in order to advise ANZLIC on policy impacts and stakeholders on the scale and impact of technical changes, through the managed knowledge of current national capabilities in metadata.
- Create and maintain a roadmap documenting what the MDWG is going to undertake and when.
- Develop, and manage a series of best practice resources (profiles, applications, websites (ANZLIC and ICSM), FAQs, models) to assist both general and technical audiences in understanding, implementing and managing the latest versions of metadata standards.
- Engage with interested industry organisations (SIBA, ESRI, etc.) to communicate working group developments and directions.
- Provide advice to spatial communities on the value, implementation and management of metadata and associated systems.
- Provide a forum for metadata custodians to share and exchange knowledge related to implementing, maintaining and updating metadata frameworks.
- Provide a forum for inward and outward communication between international (ISO and OGC peak bodies), other interest groups (Australian Government Linked Data Working Group, GeoNetwork community of practice etc.) to inform and seek feedback from core foundation spatial data custodians.
- Govern associated metadata tools, models, vocabularies, and resources, which are published on by ICSM and or ANZLIC.
- Report to ICSM and ANZLIC on key activities, and metadata developments.